The Executive Council (Exco) of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has named ace journalist Michael Oti Adjei to serve as a vice-chairman on the newly constituted Referees Committee.
The appointment was confirmed on Tuesday evening when the GFA released a communique on their official website with the list of all five members of the committee.
The committee will be chaired the winner of the upcoming Executive Council election between Central Region FA Chairman, Robert Duncan and Upper East Region FA Chairman, Salifu Zida.
The other members include Michael Oti Adjei as the Vice-Chairman as well as Daniel Agbogah, Christine Ziga, and C.W. Okine.
The referees committee has a two-year mandate with their duties according to the GFA as follows;
- To appoint referees for matches organised or sanctioned by the GFA.
- To study match reports and make recommendations to the Executive Council.
- To nominate candidates for the international list who are eligible to officiate at international matches according to FIFA Regulations governing the registration of international referees , assistant referees, futsal referees and beach soccer referees on FIFA's list.
- To comply with standard refereeing methods as established by FIFA to ensure uniform implementation of the Laws of the Game.
- To approve the referee instructor and assessor panels.
- To recommend the suspension or removal from the referees list, those found to be incompetent or guilty of of serious misconduct.
- To ensure strict compliance with the provisions of the Regulations on the Organisation of Refereeing in FIFA Member Associations and the GFA Referees Regulations.