Congo – Libya
· This will be the third encounter between Congo and Libya in the African Nations Championship. The first two ended in draws (2-2 in group stage in January 2014 and 1-1 in quarter-finals in January 2018 – Libya qualified 5-3 after shootouts).
· Congo have won none of their last four African Nations Championship games (D3 L1), after having won three of their previous four (D1).
· Libya could qualify for the quarter-finals of the African Nations Championship for the third time in a row, however they have drawn their first two games in this edition of the competition, scoring only one goal last time out against Congo DR.
Niger – Congo DR
· This will be the very first encounter between Niger and Congo DR in the African Nations Championship.
· Niger have won none of their last six African Nations Championship games (D4 L2), after having won two of their first three in the competition (L1). They are looking to qualify for the quarter-finals for the second time after the 2011 edition (eliminated by Sudan after shootouts).
· Congo DR have only lost one of their last six African Nations Championship group stage games (W4 D1) and are looking to qualify for the next round for the fifth time in five participations.