The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has announced that the date for the 2023 Elective Congress has been changed.
The Congress which was originally scheduled to be held on September 27, will now be held on October 5.
The venue of the Elective Congress is the Global Dream Hotel in Tamale.
“Pursuant to Article 33 of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Statutes 2019, the Executive Council of the Association has decided that the Extraordinary Session of Congress (Elective Congress) shall be rescheduled to Thursday, October 5, 2023, at 9:00 o’clock in the forenoon at the Global Dream Hotel, Tamale,” part of a communique on the website of the association said on Tuesday, September 19.
In accordance with Article 33 of the GFA Statutes, the Agenda of the Congress is as follows:
9:00 am. - Opening Prayer
- Roll Call
- A declaration that Congress has been convened in compliance with the Statutes.
- Approval of the Agenda.
- Handing over of Congress to GFA Elections Committee
- Announcement of Election Procedure by GFA Elections Committee
- Election of GFA President
- Election of Executive Council Member (1 Women’s Premier League Representative)
- Election of Executive Council Members (3 Division One League Representations)
- Election of Executive Council Members (5 Premier League Representatives)
- Swearing in of President and the Executive Council Members
- Brief speech by elected President