After an intense football training session or workout, you usually feel exhausted and start to feel the onset of muscle pain.
While many people pop an Ibuprofen or gulp an energy drink or protein shakes, these recovery remedies can be disastrous to your health.
As an alternative, athletes, like football players, can use CBD syrups during their post-workout recovery routine to bring back energy, as well as relieve muscle soreness and pain.
But how can CBD syrup actually help football players after a workout training or even after a game?
In this post, you'll learn more about CBD syrups and how these can help with post-workout recovery.
CBD Can Effectively Relax Muscles
Cannabidiol or CBD is a natural hemp plant compound that can be extracted through decarboxylation or the use of carbon dioxide to extract CBD oil from the plant. CBD is a natural and effective muscle relaxant because of its interaction with the body's endocannabinoid system.
By consuming one of the most trusted CBD syrups in pure form or infused into your favorite drink or food after a workout, you provide some form of relaxation to your muscles, which helps in post-workout recovery.
Of course, one advantage of which is not experiencing any intolerable or unwanted side effects that over-the-counter muscle relaxants and painkillers usually provide, which can affect your football training performance.
Here's how CBD works as a muscle relaxant:
- CBD and the endocannabinoid system have a strong connection, in which CBD naturally calms excessively contracting muscles through a sufficient supply of therapeutic endocannabinoids.
- Cannabidiol directly influences the speed and function of chemical messengers when pain is perceived.
- CBD significantly boosts the endocannabinoid supply in the body, helping treat muscle pain through muscle relaxation and reduced spasticity.
CBD Can Alleviate Pain
Both painkillers and CBD work through the central nervous system. While painkillers prevent pain chemicals, like cytokines, from being produced and block the brain's pain receptors, the pain would still be there.
In short, the brain is just being “tricked” into thinking that the pain is gone. That's why one of the best alternatives to painkillers are CBD products, like CBD syrup.
CBD syrup can be added to the favorite energy drink, soda or carbonated drinks, smoothies, juices, or any beverage that athletes love to take after a workout.
Also, you can drink CBD syrup as it is to feel its powerful effects. Just make sure to read the manufacturer's instructions about dosing.
Here's how CBD works:
- Cannabidiol affects the chemical receptors in the central nervous system.
- Both the brain and the body have receptors called CB1 and CB2 receptors that respond to endocannabinoids, which are a form of neurotransmitters.
- When endocannabinoids are produced, they have transmitted through the body, the nervous system, and up to the brain. Endocannabinoids regulate some physical, psychological, and cognitive processes, including mood, appetite, and pain, which includes even pain from movement or workout.
Consuming CBD syrup provides sustained pain relief throughout the day, whether you're a football player, bodybuilder, or a workout enthusiast.
Because CBD syrup is taken orally, it will pass the digestive tract, including the liver, before it gets absorbed by the body. It means that CBD may take longer, usually about 60 to 90 minutes, to kick in before you feel the effects.
The duration of the effects of CBD syrup also takes longer, helping alleviate the pain of the intense workouts. Taking CBD syrup before a workout can help you experience the effects during and after exercise.
Microdosing is recommended for CBD syrup since there's no standard dosing protocol available, and manufacturers have varying CBD strengths and potencies.
Here's how microdosing works:
- You can start with a minimum dose of about 10 milligrams of CBD, and observe how your body would respond.
- You may continue gradually increasing the dosage as needed after 60 to 90 minutes.
Keep in mind that you should always consult your coach and sports physician for proper advice and a personalized workout plan if you intend to incorporate CBD into your workout regimen. CBD may cause dry mouth, so adding it to beverages is highly recommended.
CBD syrup is a fun way to consume your daily dose of CBD by simply adding it to your favorite post-workout drinks or meals.
Because CBD has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, it works directly with neurotransmitters and muscles to aid in post-workout recovery.
Taking CBD syrup allows you to experience reduced pain and muscle soreness brought about by intense training.