Libya – Niger
· This will be Libya’s fourth appearance in the African Nations Championship. They have qualified for the knockout stage in each of their last two, winning the trophy in 2014 and finishing fourth in 2018.
· Niger will play in their third African Nations Championship, after 2011 (quarter-final) and 2016 (group stage).
· Niger have conceded two goals per game in average in the African Nations Championship (14 in 7 encounters), the highest ratio for a team involved in the 2021 edition
DR Congo – Congo
· This will be Congo DR’s fifth appearance in the African Nations Championship, playing 19 games, more than any other country. They are the only team to have won the trophy on more than occasion, in 2009 and in 2016.
· Congo will play in two consecutive African Nations Championships for the first time, after their quarter-final exit on penalties in 2018. They have lost only once in their seven games in the competition (W3 D3), their very first encounter, in January 2014 v Ghana (0-1).
· Congo have conceded only 0.6 goals per game on average in the African Nations Championship (4 in 7 encounters), only Zambia have a lower ratio among teams taking part in the 2021 edition (0.5).