-->

Ghana U17 chief allays fears of another CAF ban for fielding ineligible players

Published on: 02 August 2016

Black Starlets management Committee chairman Kweku Aryiah says all players currently in camp preparing for the African Youth Championship qualifier against Burkina are eligible to play. Last year, Ghana was banned from playing in the African Junior Championship finals after Cameroon protested over the eligibility of Isaac Twum.

This Kweku Ayiah says they don’t want it to repeat itself hence the have taken all the players through a rigorous MRI tests to ascertain their eligibility

“The MRI controversy or issue is an eye opener for all of us. It's only somebody who is really nonchalant will decide to repeat the same mistake,” he told Joy FM.

“We conducted two separate MRI test all under CAF instructions and we submitted this results to CAF.”

“CAF also conducted a third test based on what we submitted and gave us the final results. So I can say there's no issue with the boys currently in camp regarding the MRI test.”

Ghana plays Burkina Faso in Cape Coast this coming Sunday.

Comments